Author Topic: Questions On Pag-IBIG Membership  (Read 1066 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Living a green body in an ungreen world
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 476
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Questions On Pag-IBIG Membership
« on: May 12, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »

Summary list ng most commonly asked questions. Nakalist down sa baba.

Questions On Pag-IBIG Membership

1. How can I become a member of the Pag-IBIG Fund?

If you are working as an employee in the Philippines, your employer should take care of this on your behalf. Companies are required by the Philippine government to have their employees contribute to the Pag-IBIG Fund.

Voluntary membership is also open to self-employed individuals and even those who are out of the job market. Please check this article for details.

OFW’s who wish to become members should consultant the section below on the Pag-IBIG Overseas Program.

2. What is my Pag-IBIG Number?

It is unfortunate that Pag-IBIG Fund doesn’t issue a Pag-IBIG ID to all its members. However, you can still get your Pag-IBIG Number by simply requesting for a hard copy of your contributions.

3. I have been working with different employers throughout my career, what will happen to all of my previous contributions and my current one with the present employer? Is there a way to merge them?

Yes, they can be merged since all of those are under your name. If this is your case, it is important that you request a print-out of all your contributions just to be sure.

4. I used to work in the Philippines, but now I am already working abroad. What will happen to my contributions? Can I still be a member?

Your contributions also serve as your savings and you can claim them when it reaches maturity. You may continue contributing even if you are already and OFW. The other option is for you to avail of the Pag-IBIG Overseas Program.

5. Can I apply online to become a member?

No, there is no such facility as of the moment. If you are employed in the Philippines, your employer should take care of that.

Questions On Pag-IBIG Housing Loan / Financing

1. Can I get a housing loan?

Important notes to remember for those who wish to apply for Pag-IBIG Housing Loan:

You must be at least 24 months member. (See paragraph below.)
You must not have any outstanding Pag-IBIG Housing Loan. That is, all your mortgages must be fully paid.
Check your age: You must be younger than 70 years old at loan maturity.
You must be an active member and of good standing (no existing multi-purpose loan in arrears)
In the past, you can apply for a loan even if it is your first time to contribute to the Pag-IBIG Fund by simply paying a one-time payment equivalent to 24 monthly contributions. The rules have already changed. Effective July 1, 2010, this is not allowed any more you have to be at least a paying member for at least 24 months — no one-time payment.

For details, please read this article on the Basics of Pag-IBIG Housing Loan.

2.Can I use Pag-IBIG Loan to purchase a lot-only property?

Sure! In fact, you can also use it to finance your house construction or for house improvement.

3. Can I use Pag-IBIG Housing Loan to repair my house?

Yes that’s possible. But make sure the land title is in your name or the name of the Pag-IBIG Fund member.

The article on Pag-IBIG Housing Loan 101 will show you the many other types of real estate projects where Pag-IBIG Housing Loan can be used. Please take time to read it.

4. Can I pay 24 months contribution at one time so that I can immediately apply for a real estate loan?

This used to be the case, but effective July 1, 2010, the rules have changed and for the better. In other words, for members to be able to even qualify to apply for a housing loan, he must be a member for at least 24 months.

Questions On Pag-IBIG Overseas Program (POP) for Filipinos Based Abroad

1. Is there a Pag-IBIG Office in my country?

There are a lot of Filipino Overseas Workers scattered all over the globe. Unfortunately, Pag-IBIG cannot simply install an office in every country where there are Filipinos.

Some countries do have Pag-IBIG branch, partner establishment, or satellite office. Please check the Pag-IBIG Overseas Program Directory page to know if one is available in your host country.

2. I use to work in the Philippines, but I am now and OFW. What happens to my previous contributions? Can it be combined with my Pag-IBIG Overseas Program contributions?

Your contributions while you are here in the Philippines an as employee belong to Pag-IBIG I. You can continue with it and contribute still or just leave it to earn dividend. In any case, you can claim that money plus all other dividends it earned when it matures.

On the other hand, the Pag-IBIG Overseas Program is different from Pag-IBIG and is applicable to overseas Filipinos.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:01:11 PM by GreenMoney » | Your smart guide to money matters and entrepreneurship.

Questions On Pag-IBIG Membership
« on: May 12, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »

Mountain View


Related Topics

Posting Disclaimer: Any individual may post a message in this forum and may do so anonymously. Therefore, the sole author is exclusively and entirely responsible for all opinions in that message. They do not represent the official opinions of PesoRepublic , its administrators or moderators or the PesoRepublic Management. PesoRepublic is merely acting as an impartial conduit for constitutionally protected free speech and is not responsible and will not be held liable for the content of such messages. Community & Groups - Top Blogs Philippines