Author Topic: More Filipinos Choosing to Work Abroad  (Read 1144 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AdGeek

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 660
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
More Filipinos Choosing to Work Abroad
« on: July 23, 2012, 05:35:56 PM »


THE NUMBER of Filipinos working abroad grew by a tenth last year from 2010, the government said in a report, as lack of employment opportunities continued to persist.


Results of the 2011 Survey of Overseas Filipinos showed that the total number of Filipino workers who worked abroad anytime between April to Sept. 2011 grew to 2.2 million in 2011 from 2.0 million in the same period in 2010.


Total remittances also grew for the period, to P156.3 billion from the previous year’s P141.2 billion. Remittances from Asia amounted to P82.6 billion. This was followed by Europe (P13.5 billion) and North and South America (P12.2 billion).


Jorge V. Sibal, dean of the University of the Philippines School of Labor and Industrial Relations, attributed the growing numbers of OFWs to the lack of available local jobs.


[Desperate] just to go abroad, [some OFWs] would work even without contracts, Mr. Sibal said.


Overseas contract workers — workers with existing work contracts  comprised 95.3% of the total OFWs. The remaining 4.7% of OFWs worked abroad without contracts.


Continue reading at Business World Online

PesoRepublic.com | Your smart guide to money matters and entrepreneurship.

More Filipinos Choosing to Work Abroad
« on: July 23, 2012, 05:35:56 PM »

Mountain View

IntraLover

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 340
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: More Filipinos Choosing to Work Abroad
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 01:58:57 AM »
As far as working abroad, i think it still depends on your specialization or job of expertise. May mga nabasa na akong research na nagsasabi na yung iba gusto na nila manatili dito sa Pinas  kasi maganda na ang takbo ng economiya. Marami na ang nagkakatrabaho kasi yung services ng BPO yun ang kumukuha ng slot for more competitive workforce ng pinoy.

Remember meron pa ring crisis ngayon ang eurozone and america, so most investors come here in the Philippines and invest. If you look at some research and articles posted sa mga kilalang sites like yahoo or bloomberg or businessworld, gumaganda na ang image ng pilipinas.


CodeRepublic

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 322
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: More Filipinos Choosing to Work Abroad
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 06:06:15 PM »
Based on Statistics, alin ba ang mas madaming nagpupunta ng abroad, Lalaki ba o babae?

PinoySpecialist

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 135
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: More Filipinos Choosing to Work Abroad
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 06:07:17 PM »
If you check this infographic mukahng lalaki.


PesoRepublic.com | Your smart guide to money matters and entrepreneurship.

Re: More Filipinos Choosing to Work Abroad
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 06:07:17 PM »

 

Related Topics


Posting Disclaimer: Any individual may post a message in this forum and may do so anonymously. Therefore, the sole author is exclusively and entirely responsible for all opinions in that message. They do not represent the official opinions of PesoRepublic , its administrators or moderators or the PesoRepublic Management. PesoRepublic is merely acting as an impartial conduit for constitutionally protected free speech and is not responsible and will not be held liable for the content of such messages. Community & Groups - Top Blogs Philippines